This is one of my favorite homemade ketchup recipe and it’s fermented! (I am a big fan of fermented food!!) This ketchup is very flavourful and super healthy.
It is surprisingly easy to make, and it’s so good that you can make it without sugar 🙂
The recipe can be made without fermentation. Simply skip the fermenting step and start using the ketchup right away!
- 100g onion
- 100g celery
- 500g tomato
- 10g garlic
- 150g Salt koji (Shio Koji)
- 100g Sweet koji (Amazake)
- 700g tomato puree
- 50g chilli sauce (optional)
- 50cc white wine vinegar
- Bay leaf
- Black pepper
- Put Ａ into a blender and blend until consistent.
- Add B and blend until consistent.
- Pour into a clean jar, add C and keep it at room temperature for a week for fermentation!