This pickles reminds me Japan 🙂 I made this pickles for gathering, and everyone asked me the recipe. It is so good. If you get Daikon or turnip, you should try!
- 1kg Daikon and/ or turnip
- 50g salt
- 54ml vinegar
- 9ml Mirin
- 100g sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 15g bonito flake
- 15g kelp
- Chili powder/ slice of chili
- Slice Daikon and/ or turnip
- Sprinkle salt to the slices, mix well
- Leave it for 5-7 hours
- Drain and squeeze Daikon.
You may want to rinse salt off if you prefer less salty.
- Mix vinegar, Mirin, sugar, shredded kelp, bonito flake. Dissolve sugar.
- Add Daikon/ turnip to the sauce.
- Add some chili powder if you like spicy.
- Leave it for 1-7 days at room temperature.